Saturday, April 18, 2015

Swing, Batter, Batter

Today my teacher had us pick a topic. We will use this to make a poster board of it to show the rest of the class. She said I could do baseball for my topic. I couldn't do it for our last project and that made me so mad. I glad she's letting me pick it for this assignment. Baseball is really amazing. Did you know that the fastest recorded pitch was 108.1 miles per hour? It was pitched by Nolan Ryan in 1974, while they were doing some tests on how fast he could pitch. Some people say this doesn't count because it wasn't during a game but I don't think so. If he pitched it that fast then it counts. I can’t believe they could track it that long ago. My friend Riley said its weird for a girl to like baseball so much so I stopped talking to him for the day. It doesn't matter what I like, especially if I know more than him. My teacher says we are going to spend most of the week on this assignment. Hopefully I learn a lot more about baseball. I wonder if anyone has ever hit a pitch that fast. I'm not sure if I could.


(From a student with Aspergers)

No comments:

Post a Comment